• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scouts on a Deuce

Armada

A good friend of mine is a cub scout leader and asked me if I would like to bring my truck over and give an army truck demo to his scouts. I said sure. These pics are the result. I took them on about a 45 min ride through the woods. It was great. They were really pumped up. Funny thing was that the dads were just as excited as the kids were. I had a lot of fun too. There may be a couple future duece owners in the group..... :roll:

Opie

I remember camping trips to Ft. Belvoir in Northern Virginia and being fascinated by the water buffalos they let us use. I never wound up anywhere near a deuce, though.

Opie
Eagle Scout, Class of 1987
Troop 128
St. John's Church
McLean, VA

Armada

I've always remembered as a scout going to the local Armory and shooting .22's in the basement. They had camo'd Dodge Powerwagons parked inside, and M14's and M1 Garands locked in the racks. No dueces though. It left quite an impression. I loved going there! It would have made my year to go for a ride in one. [thumbzup]

Opie

Had a great time on my trip! Drove about two hours "topless" for the first time and had a blast on the backroads. I DID have the directions fly out of the cab at one point and had to pull over quickly to retrieve them!! Engine temp still got up to 220 at times with the thermostat pulled, but generally stayed a bit (not much) below that. (I'll have to reinstall it now that the Prestone coolant system cleaner has done its work,,,yuk!) Came home with the soft top on as I was anxious to get back to the Mrs., take a shower, A/C, and an inner spring mattress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks