• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian truck task

dmetalmiki

Well this is my new aquasition..(previously posted) I have just finished replacing the clutches!! (two drive plates) and the russian trucks are good to work on.. straight forward nice technology.. NOT ROUGH ENGINEERING as some say!..VERY well laid out.."repair freindly" BUT..(phew!) OHHHHH SOOO H E A V Y lifting down/up... out/in the components..some pics here but not all the step by step ones came out tho.....still hope it gives you some idea..(( of my ..struggle)) the before and after pics ..notice ruski spotlite and "headlamp blackout covers" I will post daylite pics of after 2 morrow..tired beyond b leef.. time 4 beddi bize..(yawns)

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big Russki trucks are COOL! That's a pretty neat transformation from before to after. Got any more detailed pics of her in her current state?

dmetalmiki

More pics of the russian truck

The tyres are 570-30-21 "make = VOLTYRE" and I now have the central tyre inflation system working now..the paint?..OK?.."bits"semi silk black aerosol..::body..(wait 4 it!) one coat techaloid metal (bridge paint primer) yellow(mixed with) blue(mixed with) red (mixed with) black. ..<to> ((tuff as old boots! or..new ones actually!))ALL my trucks are done with this stuff (to slightly varying tones) russian english and U.S. ALL are fitted with wheelans or carsons (wrecker)which also has 4Ft air boat horn! 2nd rally of this year on friday ..local airfield Drive and Fly in. shud B good! will tek photo's.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

wieght rate

typically arround 7.5 tons. tho the brittish equivelant truck is the aec 10 ton!:: pulling the missiles in red square as they did..well THAT was some wieght indeed! I ran with a "train of three" to a show in may..no sweat! and .most impressive..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks