• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m725 have some questions.....

docthrush

Ill be picking my ambulance up in a cpl weeks and want to start getting some info for it ahead of time.
-TIRES?
Im looking at doing some aftermarket type tires. Would love to get some tsls on ther but have read some stuff about running them without the tube etc and cant make heads or tales of it. If i want to pick up some tsls can i just take them to a shop and have them mount and balance them or is there more to it than that? Is there a good size to go with, believe I read that 36 inches was good and up to 38 will fit, any ifo on that would be great!
-Water pump?
It has the original 6cyl engine and id like to keep that so any ideas where to get one?
_history?
The one that Im getting was done as a radio truck for the desert shield storm era i was told. Has carc woodland camo pattern. How long were these used as ambulances? Ive heard the national guard had them till around the desert shield time. Any ifo on this would be great.
-Gear and Equipment?
What gear and or equipment was on the ambulance? (aid bags etc) Ive been trying to fine the manuals online but not had much luck.

Thanks
Doc

Elwenil

Tires, they can be a pain if you want to stick with the stock rims. Most tire shops will not even look at them because they are a split ring rim. There are several tires that will fit the stock rims and work with the tubes. Check over at M715Zone.com for the best and most recent info.

Water pumps can be had from a number of places. Ebay is a good one for some. The problem is that the pump comes with no pulley and the fragile stock pulley can come apart if you try to pull it off. There are a few who have made a jig to pull it off, but at least one jealously guards his secret in a pathetic effort to make money. Again, check the M715Zone for the latest info.

I doubt that any M715 series vehicle was used in Desert Storm although I have seen a few pics of M726 truck painted CARC NATO 3 color camo, which suggests at least they were in service somewhere in the later years. Keep in mind that the replacement for the M715 series trucks was the original CUCV, which was the Dodge M880 series and they were well into service by the late 1970s.

As far as gear, again the M715Zone is the best place to look for the manuals, and pics and info on restored examples with the associated gear.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The "zone" is having its national gathering this week in Co. There will not be alot of questions answered right away. Lots for you to read though. I have a tubeless rim design on my 725 and love it. Marsh builds custom rims for about $100 bucks each. The stock rims are easy to work on if you read the posts about how to do it. I actually have aset of stockers too. The original motor is the 230 tornado motor. It is getting expensive to work on, so alot of guys are dumping in 350s or a diesel. Let me know what else you need to know. I am being called for dinner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks