• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mercedes Zetros Trucks

tcody

Mike,
Mercedes makes some sweet trucks. Wish they were available here. Still do not understand why companies like MB, MAN, Scania, etc.. won't allow them to be imported - or should I say go through the motions to make them compliant with regs to allow them to be imported. Anyways, here is an Actros out of Kuait.
Cheers,
Thane

Attachments

Mike_Pop

Yep...Mercedes, Scania, MAN...all good trucks. I saw a lot of them when I was in Austria & Germany.

kroctec

Hi guys,

There is a very strong resemblance of the new Zetros to the Renault Sherpa series. I thought at first there might have been some tie in between Mercedes and Renault when looking at the Zetros and the Sherpa 5 and Sherpa 10 however when you start looking at the details they are not at all alike. The Zetros does use the same door as the Unimog SBU series, but it has more commonality with the Actros and Atego commercial trucks than it has with the Mog.

Anyway for all those who enjoy vids of military vehicles check this one http://www.renault-trucks-defense.com/sherpa_5_2000818_0.html?lang=en

I shall be interested to find out how expensive these new Zetros are, though I doubt they will be available new on the civvi market and we will be a long time waiting for them to become ex mil.

I'm partial to the look of the Mercedes Actros with its armored cab. Would have been a good candidate along side Force Protection's Buffalo in the recent movie "Transformers"; it's got that Optimus Prime look to it. Canada recently began replacing it's Afghanistan support/logistics convoy fleet with these new armored trucks called the Armored Heavy Vehicle System(AHSVS). Here are a few pictures of the trucks. Enjoy...

Attachments

davidkroberts

WOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!

mike, how long before you own one????????

Im IN iraq right now and we dont get to play with stuff like this........ I feel so inadequate......:-(

kroctec

Spelling and look uo

Interesting that Mike posted about the Mercedes Zetros but the thread is rapidly filling up with pics of the Actros. Nice interesting Truck as the Actros Titan is should it not be on a separate thread. Anyone coming here would reasonably expect to find information about the Zetros range of vehicles.

So does this mean you guys can't see the difference between Z and A. Just curious. Maybe we could even get back to pics, details and comments about the Zetros

Wolf.Dose

RE: Spelling and look uo

The Zetros just was officially published. The cab is a Mog cab with mine blast protection floor or fully armoured. Cassis is ACTROS with AXOR engine. For me the hood looks like an Ural or Karmaz truck.
The Canadina ACTROS has nothing to do with an ACTROS TITAN, which is a heavy duty tractor for trailed loads up to 250 metric tons. It is a standard 8x8 tipper chassis for 41 gross weight (32 tons with singles rear) with a South African armoured cab of only 6.7 tons weight. How would you feel in a side slope, if a 300 kg (660lbs) door slams close and your leg is between the cab frame and the door? Anyway, they now have a hydraulic cylinder to open the doors.
Visabilyty is very poor for the driver, the cab is full of pinch points; its a nightmare. Hopefully these vehicles stay in Afganistan and never run on roads of the civelysed world.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks