• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M19A1 8 TON TRAILER DOLLY CONVERTER

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know the tongue weight of one of these? I would rather tow and trailer, but tongue weight will make the difference.
James G.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank,s for the reply but I hope that is gross weight! I need the tongue weight, the downward pressure the dolly will put on my bumper hitch.
James G.

No.2Diesel

I don't think it would exert any significant tongue weight. Towing an unloaded or loaded dolly converter is like towing a log splitter or a cement mixer. I can't imagine any more than 50lbs. if that.

You should be fine.

jwaller

I can pick up the tongue on the dolley I have so it cant weight more than 2-300 lbs. it has to have that kinda weight or it would swap badly behind my trucks and it tracks well.

citizensoldier

If you are going to have it on a downword angle to a bumper hitch !!! They are heavy and bounce around allot.. There is not allot of tongue weight at the level position.. I had one of these shear a grade 8 equilizer hitch pin.. So that should tell the story on the pressure.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found out the level hitch weight is 250 lbs., downward angle would increase that a good bid I would think. My hitch will load level up to 800 lbs, but I think my Armada is lower than your pickup.
James G.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All to no avail, outbid again, most went for over $600, of course it is hard to tell since GL no longer adds them to your bid history.
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks