• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo question

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After discovering that the speedometer may be defective on the 8x8, I have been looking for a possible replacement.
It seems that different models/designs have the same MS39021-2 number, can anyone tell me when the version with the Km/Hr scale was introduced?
The Stewart Warner numbers are different....

Mike (devilman), what brand is your speedo (similar to 3rd image below)?

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It dosen't glow in the dark, if that's what you mean. I have the unit right here and tested it in the closet.
The Russian tank clock glows like a flash light though. :)

devilman96

That MS was introduced in July 91, revised again in 99 and discontinued from use in 2001... (see attached pdf)

Most all of the gauges you see on the market (unless NOS which would be few and far between) are produced in China or India… The "made in china" are of “expected” quality, the Indian gauges are actually of very good quality. (I'll let you guess which one I sell)

I could have the KMH reproduced on my next order but that might take 6-8 months however that guage wouldnt be OE for the year of your truck.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuce speedo looks just like the 8x8 one, but is marked SW 501-C not 503-C.
Would be good to have a Stewart Warner catalog sheet on this.....

Capt.Marion

that's the same gauge as in my M37, SW # 503-C. Except above the SW # is '8376375'

srry, hit the quote button instead of the edit button. This has the correct number that appears above the SW number on my 3/4 ton's speedometer.

EDIT: while the gauge is the same, the rest of the panel is a deuce panel with the tach and everything... hmmm...

Capt.Marion

devilman96 said:
Would be good to have a Stewart Warner catalog sheet on this.....
Unfortunately SW thinks their Mil line is god’s gift to the world of shrouded mystery! :roll:
They're probably still under contract, and they don't want all the little terrorists to know the correct stock no.s for all the speedos in our trucks over there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks