• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

identify antenna pole please?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This weekend was the "ARRL field day", a day when ham rdio operators come out of their secret labs, converted attics, and their half of the sewing room to set up their portable (flexible definition!) gear outdoors and operate it from batteries or generated power. You never know what someone will drag out.

Can anyone identify the mast system shown in the pictures here?
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/FD/2007/INDEX.HTML

I might want to trade in my pair of AB-56's for one of these. There was a tag on it, but it was defaced. I believe it is this format: xx-0000, and was an A?-?2??

I was invited to join these fellows for the day, it was a blast! There was no end of people drooling over the truck, not believing how inexpensive they are, and conniving how they could get away with having one (with clearance from the wifeypoo of course..). The real drooling started when they got to see the inside -because all the guys are ham operators.

I had a real nice time talking with several veterans who are also ham operators, and who remember using the green radios. One guy had spent many years in the army assigned to repair the various radios and we had a very long and technical discussion which we thoroughly enjoyed. His knowledge of the intimate workings of the PRC-25/77, RT524/246, and GRC-106/A was fantastic.

anyway, any ID on that mast would be helpful,

Thanks,
PJ

RQ5

hello

Hello I am looking for one of this type antenna base and the mast also .. did u have any luck.. I do search and Rescue with a K 9 and this would be a wonderful asset Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks