• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone use the GL suggested shippers?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to move a pallet of stuff (approx 500#) from Ft Polk to the NE.
I have the following options:

FastTrack Logistics
Craters and Freighters
International Cargo

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with these services?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, I used a UPS store, They picked up twice a week from the base(Utah). They had a small fee for picking up items and then they packaged and shipped to me. My stuff was smaller boxes on a pallet. I was very satisfied with the service. Maybe there is one near your stuff.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used Craters and Freighters to get a pallet (was three pallets at DRMO) from French Camp, California to Columbia, South Carolina and they did a good job (came in on Estes Freight). FOB the destination dock is usually a good bit cheaper. Worked out to about a dollar a pound for a 2500 mile ride. Fast Track Logistics quoted me $189.60 to move 220 pounds from Mechanicsburg, PA to Columbia. I drove it myself and the round trip cost in January 2008 was $151.03 including food, motel and gas. YMMV.
Mike

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The suggested shipper wanted around $1400 to take my Deuce 350 miles. I drove it myself and the total was around $400.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks