• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just found an Aardvark

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Just found this on GL

I edited your post to remove specific sale information. I didn't delete it because I want to keep both sides happy. I think it is a very unique item and is worth discussion.

Can anyone elaborate on the history of this mine sweeper?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Just found this on GL

jwaller said:
so? I dont think this is allowed by regs here.
What mean that? I think it's cool. Looks like it was modeled after the flail tanks from WWII, but a bit more friendly on soft surfaces. Alot of flails were stuck in muddy fields and then the mines had to be cleared by hand.

Alredneck

Banned
RE: I like it.

Sweet aint seen one of them in a while dont reckon they use them anymore, wonder where that one is, might get shipped off to a ally for use somewhere else, or is it for sale?

tamangel

Aardvark on TV

Aardvark on TV

featured on Discovery Channels / Military Channel
"Future Weapon's"
Episode entitled "Search and Destroy"

Aug 07, 3:00 pm (Check local times, I think these are ET zone)
Aug 10, 9:00 am
Aug 29, 1:00 pm
(60 minutes)

FutureWeapons
Search and Destroy
TV-PG, CC
Discover weapons that always find their target including, the SMAW-NE shoulder launched rocket, a new semi-automatic sniper rifle, the Vulcan and Aardvark anti-mine systems, and the Fire Scout unmanned aerial vehicle.

Mike

dave170

I work for Aardvark Clear Mine Ltd In Scotland where this early machine came from. The machine should have a serial # could you tell us what it is
Where and when did you acquire this machine?
I was the operator in the future weapons program.
We have moved on quite a bit from this early machine you have, the engine power has increased and driver safety and comfort has improved considerably.

If anyone would like to contact us for more information we would be more then happy to answer any questions.
dclark@aardvarkclearmine.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks