• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 GMC Troop Carrier???

I found one for sale. The man wants $700obo. He says it needs complete restoration. I was wondering what possible models it could be, and what drivetrain it would have. If anyone could answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

badgmc56

Be careful about the words "complete restoration'. It's a great way for someone to cover their butt. It all depends on what you want the truck for. If it's just for parts , it's probably worth it. It should have a hydromatic transmission and an in-line 302 six cylinder engine. Check the right front frame rail in front of the wheel. there will be a number that matches the data plate if its still there. My truck was in great shape when I got it but 2 years and 4 grand later it's still not finished. Unless your looking for a project it's a lot less cheaper to buy one already done.

I worked on my gmc for 3 to 4 years . and have almost 7000 miles on it now . I bought two parts trucks and about 12 grand in it . part of that was 12 new tires rebuilt transmission . all new brake parts . new canvas . and lots of time . it's a good truck and it was worth it .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks