• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case non-air shift to air shift?

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have TM 9-2320-361-24-1. I have an M109A3 with non air shift transfer. Would like to change to air shift. My question is are the internals of the transfer cases the same and do I only need to add the front axle engagement air cylinder mechanism to make the conversion. Other than the dash attachments and lines, etc.
Thanks, G

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, many of us have been there… frying our little grey cells trying to find a practical and cheap solution for that conversion: NO way!:(
Lots of info available, even conversion kits (REB KIT) had been around for some time.
Take a look here if you like: http://shortlinks.net/zpj630

G.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, thanks guys.
I read the link and changing the entire unit appears the easiest choice. Fortunately I have a parts truck with an air shift transfer.
Again, thanks for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks