• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get M151 floor corrosion repair kits?

ida34

Does anyone know where to get the large military corrosion repair kit for the floor supports on the Mutt?

Thanks
Chuck

benni72

tnj murray or front line military vehicles. try to leave as much as you can as far as the cross members regardless what jeff says from frontline. i listened to him and he said to cut away all the old cross members and reweld in the new ones. the only problem with that is that the new cross members are designed to go over the old ones, just like caps, so that all the bends and contours of the new members are way out of wack compared to the floor panels. their ment to have a carbon copy of themselves under them but just a bit smaller if you can understand what i'm getting at.

surpdlr

Re: RE: Where to get M151 floor corrosion repair kits?

benni72 said:
tnj murray or front line military vehicles. try to leave as much as you can as far as the cross members regardless what jeff says from frontline. i listened to him and he said to cut away all the old cross members and reweld in the new ones. the only problem with that is that the new cross members are designed to go over the old ones, just like caps,
No they are not meant to be caps!!!!

The directions very clearly tell you to "use a cutting wheel or torch to remove ALL crossmember sections from the underbody marked ///////"

So this is not just what Jeff says, it is what the INSTRUCTIONS say!!!!

The only part of the kit that is a "cap" is for the rear section of the body.

Why would you want to trap rusted corroded, weakened metal inside the new frame member??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks