• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got an M151 today

ida34

The title lists a 1961 Ford but I think it is more likely a late 60's A1. It is rough but came with a lot of parts. I will try to start it later this week and when I am sure the mechanicals are working I am going to tear it all apart and start the rot repair on the tub. The price was cheap so I decided to take a chance. I may decide it is too much work but I hope to make her presentable again. The pics show the ugly truth. I figure I may be able to save a few square inches of the tub. I will try to get and post some pics. I was rushed and did not get my camera for the recovery.

ida34

My pics are worthless without repair panels. I was going to post but they are all close ups. I will get some pics tommarow for pic hose.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gosh and golly gee ida34....that rascal looks near show room perfect compared to the vehicles we usually start with. It's amazing what a little sheet metal, a tad bit of fiberglass or bondo and a good heavy coat of OD paint will do for the appearance of an MV. Ask me how I know!!!

ida34

The pics do not do justice to the rot. I am still evaluating if the body is going to make it or if I need to part it out. It would need a lot just to be safe. I hope to be able to get her back in shape but I think the best way to do it is to find a better tub with no powerpack. I will post updates.

Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks