• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issue w/ pick-up at Ft Meade - opinions?

HeadWizard

I'm picking up 2 M35's and an M101 at Ft Meade on Wednesday the 9th. If anyone needs anything previewed, just let me know. You can try my cell anytime after 8am Wednesday if you'd like.

Don
571-436-5800

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Will be at Ft Meade on Wed 7/9

Don:
I picked up my water trailer there while home on emergency leave and Sarah is very nice much nicer than the previous woman who worked there. Hope to post some pictures of the fleet with the new trailer soon, please post some of your pick up.

HeadWizard

Well........

Picked up the 2 M35's and the M101.

The M101 made it home. The M35's did not.

The one truck we used to tow with ran great for about an hour or so while still on base, but then developed what appears to be a fuel starvation issue. Runs OK then begins to loose power, will stop running and as you're coasting down while still in gear will re-fire most times.

We made it off the base about a mile and died in front of NSA on Rt 32. The NSA security did not like that too much. Thought they were going to lock us up and tow everything away. I made nice with one of the State Troopers and he let us work for a while. Removed the primary fuel filter and bled that and the 2 secondarys. In tank pump seems to work fine as we got good fuel flow after we removed the primary. Made it about another 3 miles with the intermittent shut off problem and decided to park the two trucks. Found a nice office park and parked them in front of a shop. Going to try and get them Friday.

Pictures will be added later.

Yes, I was a dumbass and forgot to take extra fuel filters. I'm assuming that's the issue, but won't take any offense to any suggestions and berating on not doing it right. Honestly, it's the first problem I've had.

aua

Let the flaming begin.

Don

dm22630

So is just one or both of the M35s still MIA?

If you have a towbar & need me to help, I could drive one of my deuces there and pull one back to Chantilly. I am out in Front Royal.

Let me know! :popcorn:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don, you should know better, if you took fuel filters, you would have blown a water hose. With out taking a fully stocked deuce, its hard to have everything. Hope things go better on the next trip.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sarah is nice, I agree...she is ex-Army and knows the vehicles a bit. The other lady that was there was a real PIA...although I thought Walt (Byron) was nice enough.

Don: It sounds like you know this already, but I'd definitely say it is a fuel filter issue.

HeadWizard

I've got fuel filters (Carquest/Wix) in hand and am going to go try and recover again Friday am.

Am also going to drain the tank (was over 1/2 full at pick-up) into containers and add fresh fuel. Am planning to figure out how to blow out the return line and check the vent.

Any other suggestions are appreciated. If anyone wants to come watch and laugh, I'll be in Columbia, MD. PM me.

Don

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks