• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Paulins/Bed Tarpaulin S404.114

saddamsnightmare

July 10 th, 2008.

For the Unimog S.404.114 (Swiss) cargo truck owners:

NEW TOPS FOR THE SWISS S.404.114 Cargo Unimogs.....?

I am considering having a new cab paulin, bed tarpaulin and half door frame covers made for my 1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114, possibly by Beachwood Canvas.
My tops are completely worn out, and so I am considering doing the engineering to come up with NEW OD Canvas covers for the Unimog.... the only change might be to add a removeable rear cargo cover door flap, to keep the rain out of the bed (apparently a recurring problem with the Swiss units), and possibly slightly increasing the size of the rain "Ears" above the cab side doors to reduce the potential for leakage.
Given the weak dollar, and the usurous rates that the Germans and Swiss want for these units new... I am wondering how many of our Unimog owners will weigh in for a set?
My intent is to reproduce the Swiss tops as originally built, with the cab paulin having the demountable rear window, unlike the newer German or Swiss made versions.... The Swiss want $2,700.00 for a set, so if I can get enough interest, we may be able to do better in the US. Beachwood has a very good reputation among the WWII vehicle restorers... so we ought to be good to go.
If any of you folks are interested,

Please feel free to contact me at:

Kyle F. McGrogan
6655 Pine Mill Road
Reno, Texas 75462
E-MAil: kyle_mcgrogan@hotmail.com

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks