• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 issues in Georgia..........

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So I took my long awaited on SF-97 and GL bill of sale to my local DMV and was promptly told by the nitwits that they could not issue me a title using the SF-97 since it is a "locked" title. She seemed to be saying that GL needs to take an additional step and have a title showing GL's transfer of the truck to me, as opposed to the current situation which shows DRMS transferring it to GL.

I really didn't know what to say and once they decided they didn't want to fool with it, that was that.

I looked on GL's and the Ga. DMV's website for something I could print off and take to them so I could say "here's how you are supposed to do your job" but I came up blank.

Any of you Ga. guys have experience with this?

Thanks

C

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did have the BOS. They said they could register it..... they just couldn't title it.

FrankUSMC

Jay
Not to high jack this, but as of Jan 1st, NC has had some BIG changes in the titling of any vehicle over 35 years old that has not been titled before in the state. If you have a vehicle that has not been titled before in the state, a state vehicle inspector has to come out and look at it to make sure every thing on the title matches the vehicle. I had a state inspector here at my place today looking at the last two trucks I got SF97s on. It was painless, but he called me a couple of hours later asking me about a 1945 truck I had years ago.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
So if I go to the Licence plate agcy,. with the SF97 and a bill of sale i get from the guy im buying the truck from and last my insurance card for it, they wont give me plates and a title and registration?

how long did it take for the guy to come out once you went down there , or should I take the Duece with me? Sorry for all the questions

LibertyDeuce

Clinto

Didn't you get a notarized "Reassignment of SF97" in your FEDEX envelope. The reassignment transfers title to you even though its "locked". You need the BOS, SF97 And the Reassignment form together at DMV. I hope this helps

Josh
2cents

poppop

Clinto, I just got my 97 on the Duece I bought several months ago. I got the 97, a bill of sale and a re-assignment of the 97 form in the package. I have not been to DMV yet.

jwaller

every time I have registered a mil truck in ga I have had to have the police come out and inspect it and do a vin verification form bc the vin numbers are nonstandard.

even on my new HMMWV in which I have a valid colorado title they wouldnt issue a Ga title bc the vin was not standard 17 digits. 1 inspection later and it's all done.

simle form, takes all of 5 min and it's totally painless. cop looks at vin writes it down along with his badge # and agency and It's off to the DMV.

furthermore, 97 are cute but not needed and cause for more aggrivation. take your BOS and the inspection form and thats all you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks