• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV First aid kit

jpinst

I have a brand new first aid kit mount for the HMMWV. It is U shaped and seems to bend upward to cradle the kit tightly.

Does anybody know where this goes?

I looked though my books and posts and just dont see it

Any ideas or pics would be appreciated

Mike_L

Photo?

I drove and ridden in many a HMMWV and don't remember a bracket for them. There was a bracket for the fire extinguisher that attached to the base of the driver's seat but I don't remember anything for the 1st aid kit. We just shoved them under the seat or where ever they weren't in the way.

Got a photo? Maybe it will jog a memory.

TedG

The first aid kit w/bracket is located under the right front seat in the compartment next to the batteries. However, some models removed it from there and stored the jumper cables in that compartment.

In the picture, it is the compart closest to the outside...

Regards,

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Army figured out having first aid kits next to battery's that produce gas and makes corrosion happen isnt a good idea, so they moved them.

Wire Fox

Last placement I've seen is simply in the storage cavity under the driver seat, along with all of your papers and a flashlight. It all is allowed to move around in there freely, but if you have all the things in there that should be, there's really nowhere for them to move...

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think this may be the bracket you are asking about. My truck is an 86 model and this was mounted in the compartment between the batteries and door.IMG_0957.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks