• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tax question for Robyn

jimm1009

I have the statement in the e-mail that lists the numbers for the different amounts that I will pay on my invoice once I am invoiced.
This truck is coming from Mississippi and I am paying $XXX for the actual truck, 0% buyers premium, and 7% sales tax.
My question revolves around this problem. The last truck that I purchased came from Fort Polk,. LA and I live in LA. I will pay 8% sales tax when I title it. G.L. did not charge me tax which is the correct way to go bacasue I have to pay it in my home state.
The truck that will be coming from Mississippi to Louisiana and G.L. is going to charge me 7% of which Louisiana will only credit me 4%. In rough numbers, I will pay 7% purchase price to Mississippi and an additional 4% to Louisiana.
How can I get G.L. to either revise the sales tax to state that it is going to to deliver 8% to Louisiana or charge me 0% for Mississippi and let me pay the 8% when I title it?
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

dm22630

You have to pay the tax & then file for a refund from the state that charged it.

UNLESS

1. You get on the "livehelp" on GL's website & have a LOT of patience & the correct information from the state that you live in (saying they collect it at the dmv) AND the state that you are buying it from (saying that they dont charge sales tax to out of state buyers).

OR

2. You filed tax exempt forms before the close of the sale.

FYI --- I have had to spend hours fighting wrongly charged taxes with GL and have found that once I get the taxes removed from a truck that is on a particular base....that any future purchases from that base are NOT charged sales tax. I live in VA & have only bought from bases in VA (in VA the tax is collected at the DMV).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks