• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heart sinewave inverters

sermis

I have a Heart sinewave HF24-2500XC inverter. 80-2512-24
The overload light is on when I connect the power and there is no AC output power.
Any ideas on what could be wrong with it?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would think that it might have been hooked up in reverse polarity and a protective diode blew but I would only be guessing without seeing it. If you can open it look for a diode in the feed circuit and see if it is toasty

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been thinking about this all night and since I had to be up for a 0100 to 0300 VTC with DA I thought I would say that it might also be that it got an overload and kicked an internal breaker or fuse or the breaker is bad.

tjcouch

It turns DC to AC, presumably in this case 24v DC to 120v AC . . . .Many neat applications . . . . like running a concert level sound system playing military marches in a parade, or powering a blenders for post trail ride margaritas . . . at least that is what mine is used for.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
see if there is a short across the AC output. This may not be a simple thing, but try disconnecting the output of the board from the ac receptacle. and check it, and check the board. also look for an MOV metal oxide varistor that might have been overheated and shorted. could be almost anything. What method is use to measure the output current? Be sure it is off for this because the inverter can store a wallop and if one of the output stage devices is shorted, you could get a bang out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks