• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12v starter install complete!!

85-m1028

I am pleased to announce the 12v conversion was a success!! I power washed the bottom of the engine and tranny to clean it up "makes it a lot easier". I made sure to clean the bolt holes and bolts for the new starter. the only issue I encountered was the rear support bracket, I loosened the bolt at the block and pushed it out of the way, bolted the new starter up and pushed the bracket back against the bolt on the starter and rubbed it against the bolt to score it. then I drilled the new hole and cut the bottom of the bracket off just below the new hole. [thumbzup]

Buster

Congrats! I'll be doing the swap this week, so I can go ahead and get started with the Vintage Air install. Out of curiosity, what starter did you go with?

Buster

Thanks for the info. After further searching, I ordered a 28MToff evilbay today. As soon as it arives, I'll be converting to 12V. Then on to installing the Vintage Air under dash a/c. :hop:

Buster

I chose to go with the under dash "air only" kit. It's slimline under dash unit and comes with the compressor, lines, dryer, blank brackets for the compressor, condensor and trinary switch. Going this route, I won't have to disturb the original heat/defrost system and should blow much cooler than a factory setup. :cool: The cost was $815 before tax from a local speed shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks