• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Used motor oil in a detriot 2 stroke?

davesgmc

What are anyones thoughts about using waste oil in a 6-71 detroit? I have several hundred gallons of the stuff that I can use. I was goping to filter some, and cut it 50/50 with diesel. Not sure that the motor not being a multi fuel and also being a 2 stroke how it would work. What do ya'll think?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking of adding some used motor oil to a old diesel tractor I have. Not a two stroke, just a regular diesel. I would try it if it was my truck, not sure I would recommend for someone else to try it.

1958 M274

I’ve used a little in my Gama Goat (with a 3-53). It’ll run fine, if you can get it started… Keep the ratio low. I wouldn’t go more than 5% in the summer, and very little or none in the winter.

Jones

50/50 might be a little thick. Might start off around 10% and see what results you get. 2-stroke doesn't matter as it's still a diesel but with no FDC you'll have to stay within what will flow through the fuel system.
DEFINATELY filter first; water and/or abrasive contaminants will make short work of those Detroit injectors.

davesgmc

well, maybe i will just stick with straight diesel, hate to have 50 gallons of ruined oily diesel crap sitting around i cant do a thing with

Bill W

I once cleaned the fuel tanks on a Motoryacht with a pair 8-71's the the owner of this boat was blending UMO at 25 to 1., He said this was approved by Detroit diesel, I'm sure this was modest ratio by the factory

beaubeau

A little won't hurt. I used WMO in my 3406B cat on a regular basis and it actually went further on a tank. I run some in my 6-71Detroit with no problems. 5-10 gallons to a tankful is safe!! Think obout all the Countries that do not have STRICT EPA laws, like Mexico, do u think their fuel is Clean like in this country.?? Good luck, Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks