• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 lives

ida34

I got the M151A1 running today. I put a boat tank on the carb and pumped the primer bulb while taking out the main jet. I pumped until clear gas came out from the bottom of the carb. I replaced the jet then shot some either in the carb. I put in my cucv batteries and checked to make sure I was getting power to the distributor. Everything looked good so I hit the starter switch. She fired right up and built up great oil pressure. She ran great until the carb ran dry. I now need to take out the fuel tank and clean it out with acid. It smells bad of rotten gasoline. The pump does work. There was no fluid in the master cylinder. I filled it up and pumped up the pedal. I had my son hold it down while I looked for leaks. There were none. I will have to bleed them but could find no leaks. The plate on the thing is from 1979 and no telling when it was last running. The trans goes into 1st and 2nd. The shifter would move to the right but would not go up or down to go into 3rd, 4th, or reverse. I will have to look into this later. At least she runs.

Stay tuned. More to come. Don't touch the dial.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love it when things are brought back to life! Keep us posted.

ida34

I had planned on getting a video but like usual I started working on it at the last moment when I got something else done. I forgot about getting the video until about an hour later. I blamed it on my son. I will have pics when I drive it around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks