• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 info?

warwick

i searched the net but couldn't find much info.

anyone know of a web site with info on the m211?

looking for basic overall information,ie years built, engine used, axles used, tranny and x-fer ....

looking to get an overall understanding of the trucks

thanks

n1bnc

Hi,

Take a look:

http://www.memphisequipment.com/Products/gmc2_5ton.asp

This gives you some of the basic specifications.

Those who post here have a lot more personal information concerning these trucks. I have a 1952 M135 that is fairly stock. You may find that some people may disparage the truck due to it's hydramatic transmission, but one needs to understand how it works before simply getting in and driving it away. Contrary to poplular belief that transmission was unproved in a military setting, it has been around a while in army tanks and other vehicles before landing in this truck. Look at some of the other posts here and just in general read through the wealth of info here.

I have found many parts on e-bay, or other sources such as the above mentioned one and Sam Winer Motors in Akron OH. If you get serious about buying one, get ahold of the TM 9-8024 manual.

Enjoy!

n1vbn

I can remember when I was a kid talking to a bulldozer operator one morning just before he lit off the engine a National Guard M-135 went by and I commented it had the bad auto tranny. The dozer operator looked me up and down and kindly inquired how many miles I had behind the of one em? Being just barely fifteen I replied "NONE!" but then I told him what I had been told by NG drivers.

He smiled at me and told me to get in the dozer's seat and then pointed out the dozer had the identical tranny!!! Stilll using 10 weight motor oil. He told me the problems with the tranny occuor when you don't let the engine warm up for at least 30 minutes winter or summer berfore driving it. His was over 10 years old and still going strong on the original tranny!! it definitely changed my mind about them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks