• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drexel Gardens... What should I expect?

Somemedic

Since I live in Indiana I thought Id start looking at some of the trucks at Drexel. On lIne I mean. Anyway there seem to be quite a few that are "running" (quoting the auction, running is good but stopping can come in handy too) and even have winches and canvas.

Im looking at deuces (sister opened a furniture shop and picks up loads of furniture, figure I can help). So do deuces get a lower or higher price out of Drexel? Historically, I mean.

The guys there helpful? Im assuming they are.

When the auction says "Doesnt Run" or "Batteries are dead" it is going to be a simple fix, right?

I dont mean to be so damn nebulous but since Im more of the ebay type I dont mind gettin my feet wet on GL, but very apprehensive. Plus the old lady is over my shoulder on this too.

Green_gator

I picked up my first deuce from there and had no problems driving it home to Florida. They have some very clean looking ones in the pipe right now. If there is a way for you to take a day and go look at them it will help to put them in an order of merit and eliminate some. I have seen a few of the deuces where they showed the engine running in the GL pictures an you could read the battery/air/temp/oil gauges. Of course none of that guarantees that the brakes will work.

chemicaljohn

Hey neighbor! If you decide to go down there and need company let me know, i'm in Laporte. Would like to check the place out eventually. Where are you at in the area?

tlry00

I'm in Valparaiso and hopefully will be winning a deuce from Drexel today. I was wondering the same stuff you were... If we both are successful, maybe we could work something out to get them home safe (be it a mini convoy, split cost on a flat bed, pull or be pulled, etc.).

Good luck on the auctions!

Somemedic

Im probably letting this current auction go by and using it as an education period. I will probably bid after the 24th closings.

A few members were PM'ed that were going on friday and asked if they could steer me clear from the "parts only" (ie: needs some serious work). Id prefer a turn key MV (who wouldnt, eh?) but Im not scared to work on one either. Just need to get it home or someplace to work on it. Hell, I drive a CUCV so you know my nails are dirty...

Hello to Valpo and LaPorte! I grad-ee-ated from Portage (Go Indians) but now work for the fire dept in beautiful Hobart (Sportsmans paradise, like the signs say). It helps if youre a carp fisherman though.
Maybe some of you fellas know an aquaintance of mine. His name's Dave and he has a wrecker service in town. He looks alot like Tommy Chong IMO. He also has a few deuces, an MB, a 5 ton tractor and lowboy, and a 10 wrecker, all OD. He let me drive his deuce once and Ive wanted one ever since. My girls thought it was pretty cool.

In the event I win a bid maybe we can co-ordinate a little convoy at some point. Or do it anyway after you boys get yours home. Id love to see those big greens. If nothing else we could scare the neighbors, huh?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks