• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know what this place is?

chemicaljohn

Driving back from Wisconsin a couple weeks ago I passed this place up... It's right next to I-94 (west side) at most a 1/4 mile into Illinois from Wisconsin. I found it on Google Earth trying to confirm what I saw. Looks like the have trucks, UH-1's and other helicopters, maybe a pair of OV-1s and tanks. Looks more like a salvage yard from the air. Has anyone been here or know what it is? Here's the coordinates off Google Earth...
42 29' 30.31"N 87 57' 02.15"W. It's about 2 hours from me and i'd like to check it out, but looking for more info before I drive up there.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever it is, it's recent. This pic is a couple years old, on MSN maps. Shows mostly an empty lot, some cars, looks like a vehicle auction place, perhaps.

Maybe a new MV dealer?

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used to be a place between milwaukee and chicago headed south on the right side of the road with alot of MV's. Think it was a wannabe museum. Heard they were closed, is this that? Place is on the tip of my tongue but it doesn't come to mind at the moment.

BobM

Re: Russell Military Museum

tamangel said:
this looks like the place: formally The Kenosha Military Museum

pic's of the displays outside:

http://www.russellmilitarymuseum.com/outside.html

Mike

Yep, that's them. The old Kenosha Military Museum was a hoot. The only museum I have ever seen that would probably sell you anything on the lot for a price! :wink: I know they sold a bunch of mules.
They had tank rides also. I've never made it to the new place when they were open yet. But if they are as fun as they were at the old site, them it should be a great experience.

chemicaljohn

RE: Re: Russell Military Museum

Thanks for the help, I definitely want to make it up there in the next month or so. Wouldn't mind finding something interesting they're willing to sell. It looks like the south west corner is fenced in and has lots of goodies back there. Not in any kind of order to be on display for the museum. Maybe they just need help figuring out what they don't really need anymore. When I make it up there i'll let everyone know what I find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks