• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lot Price and Current Price?? What gives?

Somemedic

I dont believe it was my imagination but during the bidding (the final hrs and min of Drexel Gardens that closed at 5p eastern on the 24th) I noticed the Lot Price on the big page was usually less than the Current Bid price on each individual auction page. I realize there may have been a lag time for the current price on the individual auctions vs the refresh rate of the listings page but am not sure this was always the case. Can someone explain why were the prices different?

Also I left the Drexel auctions page open hours after the bids were closed to see if they wouldnt refresh. Around midnight central time they completely disappeared.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both are "normal" for GL. Not the best auction web site, but it is the one we like best!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, they have implemented some stupid policys, but where else ya gonna go? GSA has had no auctions near me lately.

LibertyDeuce

I think it has something to do with their server/software configuration. I seen the same thing happen on other sites where correlations are out of sync. Ageed, GL is still the web site WE lijke the best!!

Somemedic

It looks like the refresh rates for the lots listed page was doing a better job with keeping up on the current overal bidding during event 3547. You would buzz thru the multiple listings page and could count on the current price being the same on the individual lot page. Im not sure if this was the case up until the last hour and minutes but it seemed to be during the last day of bidding which it was not on the last auction I monitored.

What I dont understand though is that the vehs in my watch list after the auctions had closed didnt display with the true winning bid; ie event 3547 lots 2614 (displayed winner at 420.00 but history showed 1070.00) and 2612 (displayed winner at 420.00 but history showed 1650.00). There were several more but I figured Robin wouldnt need a huge list.

Not sure if u were responsible Robin for getting the refresh rates fixed but thanx if u were. It makes for a much easier (or less frustrating) bidding expirence

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks