• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Splicing the M35a2 Trailer Plug

dabtl

OK, in working on my new deuce I came across the trailer plug wiring severed.

Someone bashed the rear crossmember in about four inches severing the cables. They are neatly cut.

How in the world do I splice them together? Is there a way of determining which wire is connected to the other? Should I test the leads with a multi-meter?

Inquiring minds want to know.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under the back edge of the cab there should be a connection in the harness(cab to rear connection). Unhook it there and meter the wires from the plug to the cut end. If you have good eyes, you should be able to read the wire numbers at that end and connect them to the matching numbers on the rear plug.

dabtl

OK, I have the trailer plug out. I took the electrical tape off, cleaned off the numbers on the wire and washed it down to clean it up.

I will strip back the wiring to put on a crimp connectors tomorrow. Then I will strip off the wiring on the ends of the cut harness.

Next weekend I will get a friend and about 20 feet of wire to connect to the multi-meter ground. I will have my friend connect the positive to the plug end wires and I will touch the exposed wires to find the proper one to connect to the trailer plug pig tail appropriate wire. I suspect that within an hour next weekend I will have the wiring harness back together properly.

Then I can start working on shorts and grounds again. :D

Jake0147

Re: RE: Splicing the M35a2 Trailer Plug

dabtl said:
Next weekend I will get a friend and about 20 feet of wire
As you practice your skills with the volt meter, consider an alligator clamp or two for your jumper wire. It'll be the greatest addition to your electrical troubleshooting kit since the volt meter.

dabtl said:
I will strip back the wiring to put on a crimp connectors tomorrow.

OOhhh, the electrical innocence that comes from not living in Vermont.Up here we remove those things when we need to get current to flow. :D :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks