• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheels...

Farminone

I'm having problems finding 8 lug rims for an M1008. I've tried just about all the aftermarket rim places I can think of. I'm looking for a 16"..or 15" dosen't really matter but it needs to proably be a 10" wide rim. Just plain ol Black steel rims something along the lines of a Cragar black soft 8 or the black "D" window. I haven't broken down in my search to call the places and see how much a custom set of 8 lugs would be yet. If anyone knows of a site or a place within like 50 miles of the st. louis area it would really be a big help thanks everyone

mangus580

I know Summit Racing sells white wagon wheels.... try looking up american racing wheels online, and see what you can find.

Farminone

it's an 8 on 6 1/2 bolt pattern correct? thanks and i check they wagon wheel i couldn't find any but i jumped on the american racing site i found a couple but they are mostly alloy rims kinda perfer steel but i guess i can't be picky when i have slim pickins

dilvoy

There's nothing special about the M1008 wheels at all. They are the same wheels as the Heavy 3/4 ton chevy, not the supposedly 3/4 ton six lug wheels, and the single rear wheel one ton chevy and GMC's. Two wheel drive of Four wheel drive, it doesn't matter. They are of 16' diamater. I'm not shure exactly shure of the width except that it is not 8" or wider. I would guess six inches. Look at any foto af an original M1008 and see how far out the front hubs stick out" Any auto or truck wrecker will have or can get them. Factory wheels are way better than those cheapo wagon wheels. Those wagon wheels are ususlly not hub centric. Hub centric wheels fit tight on the hub for, within factory tolerances, perfect centering. Non hub centric wheels use the lug nuts to center the wheel. If you want bug wide tires and wheels, sky is the limit.

Farminone

yeah i'm almost positive the are a 6.5 inch rim(don't feel like going down to the farm to check) witch a 35 12.50 16 is going in place of whats on there so i'm gona have to have atleast a 8 inch i'd perfer a 10inch but i'm on a budget so anything i can get my hands on is fine i'm going to start callin around and emailing the companys...it's kind of weird though because i thought a lot of people would be useing 8 lug rims because of how many heavy duty trucks already come with them...ah well i guess something has to mess up or it wouldn't be as fun

85-m1028

the smallest diameter you can fit on the 14 bolt and dana 60 is 16" I got mine from pro comp 17" x 9" black steel with the circle cut outs, you can see a pic in members rides, if your planning on running larger tires 35" and up a slighty larger rim will give a little better sidewall stability, and look a little more proportional in contrast with larger rubber, or for about $200 a pop you can get HMMWV beadlocks with the centers cut out and rewelded to your backspacing specifications, super swamper makes just about everything for a 16.5" rim diameter, check em out http://www.usa6x6.com/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks