• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Unimog 404 Swiss

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like a super truck, well done! And 12k km is outstanding.

Your rear cab window looks cloudy. Mine was too, couldn't see through it. I used some polish called Novus 2 (red label) and a lot of elbow grease, when I was done it looked absolutely brand new clear. Same with the side windows, they came out nearly perfect too.

Did you get the bows and the tarp too? My front bow was cut off about where yours is, I put it back with bolts and a piece of angle iron reinforcement so it was removable.

Cheers

davidkroberts

yeah i have the bows and tarps along with the stock tailgate. It was too tall to ship so i was the one who had them cut the front bow. I was plannig on doing the same as you with a removable unit. I think the back plastic is just really dirty same as the side windows were before i cleaned them.

I havent gotten my manual from swiss army vehicles yet (they were backordered) so i dont know what all the levers do. Im especially curious about the throw lever on the engine cover beside the choke and the green pull lever beside the emergency brake. If anyone can tell me what those do i would appreciate it.

UPDATE: never mind about the levers i figured it out, hand throttle and 4whl drive engage and locker

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, I sent a lengthy answer to your PM, but looks like you found the info already. Sorry, I work late, so I'm slow getting on the board! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

davidkroberts

Updated Pics

As promised the updated pics of my New "Currently Not Running" Swiss Unimog 404...

Nothing leaks, all the fluids are clean, all the parts are included...... its like it just rolled of the service line with the swiss military. It still has the MILSPEC washbucket, interior wisk broom, tire chains, jack, wheel chock, tow rope,ect

Just a small problem starting ,which is probably my fault anyway, and we'll be good to go!!!

For anyone who is thinking about getting one of these they are very well thought out with tons of engineering. The quality of workmanship and attention to detail are impecable.

Attachments

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Updated Pics

Hi Dave,

Very nice! You'll find these trucks such a fun vehicle to drive (especially compared to a 'Goat') that you'll be taking it everywhere!

Bob in Tennessee

saddamsnightmare

RE: Updated Pics

July 31st, 2008.

The small lever up by the choke on the engine cover is the HAND throttle! (Cruise control for S404.114's, The green lever by the drivers seat is two wheel drive (all the way down), four wheel drive halfway up, and differential locked all the way up... better then a hummer, and you can shift the transfer case on the fly without using the clutch... IF NONE OF THE WHEELS ARE SLIPPING AT THAT INSTANT!!!! Cruising speed is 35-45 MPH, 61 MPH max for very short time limits, about 8-12 MPG little green lever by drivers seat-Back wards facing-Main tank (Gas), 45* to rear (right) front reserve tank, 90* to the right both OFF. Headlight switch Tage-"day" stoplights only, S1 Parking lights, S2 headlights and parking lights. Little knob on dashboard just above steering axle-PULL blackout convoy and tail lights. To unlock headlight switch for German Blackouts (not used on Swiss) push dimple in center of switch down with ball point pen, slide locking tab (at base of switch knob) in and turn to positions opposite daytime and normal headlights (Swiss don't use this feature). GET the filler neck filter screen from Unipaser or Expedition Imports.... UNIMOGs hate bad gas, ask me how I know! Drop me a note if you get some time, I can give you more pointers,

LOL

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 trailer, cargo 1-1/2 Ton
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 MB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks