• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

J.C. WHITNEY ?

Warren Lovell

Anyone out there get the JC Whitney replacement door panels or dash for their M1009 / M1008 ?
My panels are sun beaten on the top and I want that fresh, just pimped my milride look.

Or, does GM still have parts for this truck?

Warren

85-m1028

I got a black dash replacement from j.c. and the only complaints are that it is a little short on the drivers side where it comes down around the dash bezzle 3/4" and the tabs that you screw the bezzle into are kind of flimzy, other than that it fits great and looks good, I dont think that there are a lot of companies that make the replacement dash pads but I wouldn't order from the co. in j.c. [2cents] just because of the problems I had around the bezzle. I had to drill a hole on the drivers side and screw in a bolt w/ washer to hold it down. The door panels I just got some black plastic spray paint and painted em, it has flaked off here and there but the over all effect is there :lol:

Dieselsmoke

I got lucky several times and was able to get the replacement gray dash pads surplus. Paint them with SEM Burgundy 15063 Vinyl and Plastic dye spray and it is an exact match for the CUCV!! It's a dye not just a paint so won't flake off. I've been using it for many years with great results.

85-m1028

Dieselsmoke said:
I got lucky several times and was able to get the replacement gray dash pads surplus. Paint them with SEM Burgundy 15063 Vinyl and Plastic dye spray and it is an exact match for the CUCV!! It's a dye not just a paint so won't flake off. I've been using it for many years with great results.
is the dye available in black? does it work for the door panels too?

Dieselsmoke

I got lucky and got the dash panels surplus, right from Uncle Sam :scool: The dye is availble in a bunch of colors, and they used to have a glossy and a flat black too.

gunhog11

85-m1028 said:
I got a black dash replacement from j.c. and the only complaints are that it is a little short on the drivers side where it comes down around the dash bezzle 3/4" and the tabs that you screw the bezzle into are kind of flimzy, other than that it fits great and looks good, I dont think that there are a lot of companies that make the replacement dash pads but I wouldn't order from the co. in j.c. [2cents] just because of the problems I had around the bezzle. I had to drill a hole on the drivers side and screw in a bolt w/ washer to hold it down. The door panels I just got some black plastic spray paint and painted em, it has flaked off here and there but the over all effect is there :lol:
I got the same black dash pad replacement from JC. In addition to the problems you list, mine also has some more. Minor problems, mind you, but they're still there. On the driver's side of the dash, the windshield defrost vents don't sit perfectly flat, making installation of the plastic vent screens (which I painted black) a little skewed. Additionally, the part of the dash in the middle where the drivers side comes down to the level of the dash for the pax side, that area doesn't sit perfectly flat either....sags a little. Again, minor problems overall, and I like the look of the black dash pad with the black dash bezel and black dash radio rack. So overall, it was worth it. Little bit of a pain in the butt during installation having to trim some of it to fit, but OK overall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks