• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mule fenders installed

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mule had fenders? Were they an issue item? Never seen a mule with fenders before, and I've seen dozens of mules....

CGarbee

Yep, the fenders that Nick has on his mule are the same as the ones that were installed on my A5 when it was rebuilt as a "high mobility" Mule at Ft. Campbell in the early eighties. The mule got wide terra tires, fenders (to keep the tires covered), and electric start using an alternator and voltage regulator off a M880 (12volt system).

Photos of my Mule taken last year during the local Veteran's Day parade show the fenders, wide tires, etc. pretty well along with use of the towbar and the trailer that I use to haul it with (ex Navy tilt deck). I need to take a bunch more as it now has a new paint job that I did when I converted it to four wheel steer... See:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos46.htm

Bill Watson in Greensboro has fenders for sale...

nickd

Not sure if I will change the tires to the wider ones. The tires in the picture are the next size down balloon tire and not the skinny tire that looks like a scaled down jeep tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks