• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL's post auction prices still wrong

LanceRobson

Hello Robyn

The post auction prices still don't bear any resemblance to fact and the "closed watchlist" feature is still down.

Last night we bought 2 trucks for about $1,650 each and the post auction prices show as $888 and $945.

Both were well over those amounts at the auction's scheduled end time and obviously closed at a much higher price than posted. This inaccurate posting has been the case for, at least, a couple of months. I've bought other items at well over $2,000 and had them show as below $1,000.

The "closed watchlist" feature has been down for some time, too. About one of every thirty items gets saved and it's useless anyway until the closing prices are accurate.

This makes it very hard to get a feel for the fair market prices of the various lots.

Also, for me at least, it raises some doubt about the overall competency and honesty of a company entrusted with getting "top dollar" for public property.

Any pressure or influence you could bring to bear on getting this fixed would be much appreciated.

Lance Robson

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: GL

Lance, I believe this is intentional. I've sent countless emails and they basically tell me to go pound sand, in a polite way. GL customer service at a corporate level is an oxymoron. I've never had issues with Robyn but the rest of the mob in Scottsdale, at least the ones making these decisions, behave like bafoons. I hope karma gets em.

ophelan

RE: GL

Has anybody contacted DRMO or somebody else at the federal level? It's possible this sort of behavior is not acceptable by their bosses...

Edit: You would think there would be a public record requirement for the auction of surplus government property.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the contract is awarded AND the "Im the sore looser and I can complain to see if they will reaward the contract" period stops, I bet it will all go back to normal...

But what do I know..............

Somemedic

I think when I bid this week I'm going to go down to the motor pool thats a block down from my home and have my buddies at Pedicord watch the goofy bidding "problems that GL says theyre sorry for". I couldnt add some of the lots during the bidding to my watchlist and the indivdual lot page was usually more than the lots listing page. Im betting that my guru head of motor pool probably knows who to contact up the chain and someone may be intrested in see these practices in action.

What do they say about an uninformed consumer?

surpdlr

Re: RE: GL

ophelan said:
Has anybody contacted DRMO or somebody else at the federal level? It's possible this sort of behavior is not acceptable by their bosses...

Edit: You would think there would be a public record requirement for the auction of surplus government property.
Countless times when Levy Latham got the 1st contract!!!!

The answer is that the contractor (in this case GL) is a private company, and allowed to do what they want with the property. They can sell it, give it away or scrap it. They can even do negotiated sales (as in hey buddy, want to buy a 100 trucks for $50.00ea, if they so choose.) If in their corporate policy they don’t want to make bidders names, or successful bid information available to the public, that is OK with the Government (who is listed as their “partner” only when in is convenient for both parties!!)

The long and the short of it is that a lot of groups, companies and private people have tried to get detailed successful bidder info, like when the Government ran the show, but have been told to forget about it!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks