• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Brake Light Switch?

dabtl

Brake lights are always on. Both the BO brake lights and regular brake lights.

I think the switch must be stuck. I will check to make sure it is not on the wrong side also.

Your thoughts?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try opening a bleeder and see if there is still fluid pressure in your brake system. Also test your switch with and with out pressure, with an ohm meter. Do you have the switch in the air system or the hydraulics? We are talking about a deuce, right? Didn't you just do a big brake job?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a deuce? Most likely a switch. If you have not converted to the air side, now would be a good time to do it.

dabtl

Re: RE: Bad Brake Light Switch?

doghead said:
Try opening a bleeder and see if there is still fluid pressure in your brake system. Also test your switch with and with out pressure, with an ohm meter. Do you have the switch in the air system or the hydraulics? We are talking about a deuce, right? Didn't you just do a big brake job?
New deuce. Other working fine.

Plenty brakes on the new one. Just screwy lights. The pig tail to the trailer plug was severed and I am reattaching it one wire at time. Takes a bit to figure out which wire is which but it is fun and relaxing. :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Bad Brake Light Switch?

It could also be a problem in the signal switch.
but it is fun and relaxing.
Great attitude! :)

dabtl

RE: Re: RE: Bad Brake Light Switch?

Changed the switch out and the flashers and turn signals worked fine. Just the brake lights would not go off.

dabtl

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bad Brake Light Switch?

OK, bad brake light switch. I can order one tomorrow.

I meant to say above that I changed out the turn signal switch, not the brake light switch.

I will finish the rewiring of the trailer pig tail tomorrow. 105 here now, so I think it will be well enough to quit now. :D

Jake0147

Question- In the first post, you said that the brake lights AND the blackout brake lights were stuck on? Does this mean both at once, or does this mean whichever mode you selected would remain stuck on?

dabtl

When the mode was changed the brake lights were on. Either way, regular brake lights or BO lights. But, you had to switch from one to the other. Switching to the BO brake serv caused the brake light BO to come on. Back to the regular serv, the regular brake lights came on.

I have ordered the brake switch update kit from Saturn today. I will put it in on Saturday.

srodocker

bringing up a old thread but i have a bad brake pressure switch. i looked on saturn couldnt find one. was told to get one from napa. anyone have the part number for napa. or which one to order. look today and there was a couple but i didnt want to buy the wrong one

steelandcanvas

When the mode was changed the brake lights were on. Either way, regular brake lights or BO lights. But, you had to switch from one to the other. Switching to the BO brake serv caused the brake light BO to come on. Back to the regular serv, the regular brake lights came on.

I have ordered the brake switch update kit from Saturn today. I will put it in on Saturday.
We'll need video, and or photos, and an explaination of how the work is being done. Remember, we are a "photo challanged" bunch and need this to maintain our sanity.;)

badgmc56

If the air brake switch were to blow out, you would loose air pressure but still have brakes. If the brake fluid one were to blow out, you get nothing.

dabtl

One thing I forgot to mention and no one else has either, when you do the upgrade, the connections changed from a single male round plug to two Packard male plugs. So you will have to do some splicing. I do not know if there was a dual Packard connect socket upgrade to the non-air side at some point. If there was that would make the change somewhat, although not a great deal, easier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks