• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M250 Cannon Carrier * Needs Rescued

MVPAL

Hi all,

I was contacted by the owner of this vehicle to see if I could find someone that would be interested in purchasing it before it went to scrap.

It is an M250 Cannon Carrier. I dont have much information about it but I know that there were not very many made. I found this link that had some interesting information.

http://www.mil-mod.nl/html/atomcann.html

It should be in a museum somewhere.

Help anyone?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the rear drive tractor for the Atomic Annie. The front tractors are harder to find. The cannons are almost impossible to find, at least for sale... ;)

MVPAL

Re: RE: M250 Cannon Carrier * Needs Rescued

maddawg308 said:
That's the rear drive tractor for the Atomic Annie. The front tractors are harder to find. The cannons are almost impossible to find, at least for sale... ;)
I wonder what that thing is worth? It looks like it is fairly complete and serviceable.

MVPAL

Re: RE: Re: RE: M250 Cannon Carrier * Needs Rescued

CUCVFAN said:
That's at Sam Winer Motors. Not sure what he wants.
I know he wants 19500.00 for it.

I am trying to talk him into some kind of donation to a museum. I havent talked to him yet but I have a message in his VM.

Aberdeen Museum would have a home for it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M250 Cannon Carrier * Needs Rescued

I don't know, Aberdeen alreaday has a restored set, complete with the cannon. It's on display not far from the museum.

Plus, from the news I hear, Aberdeen will, under BRAC, be no more, and the museum is slated to be moved in its entirety to Ft. Lee, VA (or Ft. Eustis, I can't remember).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some dealers are weird with this stuff. They know what they have and they want top dollar for it. They would rather scrap it than take less than they want for it. They have 2 M108s up there. Price is very steep, will probably be scrapped. I was up there when they were scrapping M715s and M38A1s by the dozen. No doubt they had a mountain of M715 axles 15' high and 40' in diameter. Many of them were paved over with gravel.

devilman96

Westech said:
why not sell it for scrap price? if that is what he is going to do with it anyway.
Because someone is being a greedy ….. hummmm???

I think the term I am looking for is a compound word... Starts with a CAPITOL "A" and ends with a "e" and is a total of seven characters long... Any takers? :roll:

*shrugs*

Lonesome715

I saw the exact same ad a few days ago. I was kicking around the idea of posting a thread myself. I never knew such a monster excisted. I was unable to locate a photograph of a complete rig. I only founds models. Does any one have a color photograph of a real cannon carrier?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks