• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Lewis Inspection this friday 8-8-08?

wsucougarx

Hello, I'm itching to get an M35a2 :lol: . However, I am unfamiliar with what to look for in a deuce. I plan on heading up Friday morning (Aug 8th) to inspect the trucks. Is anyone else planning the same that knows what to look for? I called DRMO and asked if I could possibly start the trucks up and they quickly said no b/c of liablity of probably guys like me that have no idea of what they're doing :roll: ahh I guess I should have joined the Army instead of the Navy.....nah :lol:

Seriously, they've got 10 trucks. Out of the 10, I have my eye on 4 or 5.

Mike H.
please e-mail wsucougarx@hotmail.com

wsucougarx

No one? I guess I'll be going solo. Any recommendations of what to look for? I plan on looking for obvious problems like rust, tire conditions, fluids, water in oil, wet or leaking transfer case/engine/tranny/differentials. Any idea of how I can find out the overhaul date? Is it listed somewhere on the truck? What else should I be looking for?

wsucougarx

Actually I found someone to go with me. Funny how we forget the obvious. Got a friend who drove the deuce for 4 years in the Marines and 4 years in the Army(last 2 years being at Ft Lewis) Plus he worked w/DRMO the first 2 years out of the army..... :D I think he may know a thing or two about the trucks

kurtkds

I was just out there on Tuesday looking over the one that I had won. Your right they told me the same thing about starting them up. I can't even start mine up until I turn over the sales receipt. I saw that have 10 of them coming up also, talking to the guys there, it sounds like the ones they have are coming out of the National Guard.

wsucougarx

Yah, I did a unit check and it came up Oregon NG, Idaho NG and I believe one Montana NG. How did your truck look? Any problems with disappearing items out of your truck? I was told that once you win to go down and see if you can secure the little things like the jack, and anything else thats not welded to the truck that may grown legs and walk away. I'm bringing my friend and hopefully he still knows some of the guys in the yard so we can get one fired up but I'm not holding my breath.

kurtkds

The truck was in really good shape, it had some manuals in the glove box and it has brand new canvas on it. The tires are in ok shape and the engine looked really clean. I found a tag on the block showing that it had been rebuilt in '86. I didn't see a jack or lug wrench and the axe was gone. I'm assuming that all that type of equipment would have been mounted on the rack above the spare tire. I do know that I'll need to bring a set of batteries to get it started.

Now the wait begins for the paperwork.

wsucougarx

I looked at your truck when I went down the line. Nice truck. In fact I asked my friend "Gees I wonder if this truck is for sale?" Yah the trucks that are on this round of auctions are ok. Some looked pretty bad and oh boy I saw some terrible leaks. I may hold out on this round of truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks