• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever submit a claim to GL?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone ever submitted a claim to GL? Better yet, has anyone ever received a positive (reimbursement of some sort) response to a claim that they submitted? I've submitted two claims and had both turned down. IMHO, I was in the "right" on both. The latest claim that was shot down was almost bullet-proof. I had a friend look at a truck that I recently won, but has not been removed from the site. Since I won the truck, items were removed from the truck totaling about $1,300. My friend even sent me pictures of guys from the military (not sure the branch) cannibilizing two other trucks. I'd share the lot #s, but I am not sure what they were. I sent GL BEFORE and AFTER pics of my truck. The "before" pics were the ones on the GL site that were posted during the auction. The "after" pics could be verified simply by looking at the truck. Anyway, they denied my claim. I will share more info after I get my truck off of their lot. I will share all of the pics and all of the responses that I received from GL. Good luck to anyone bidding with GL. I hope everything is where it is supposed to be on your little cream puff when you go to retrieve it. If you continue to bid with GL, you are taking more risks than we once thought. It used to be the only risks you took were whether a truck ran or not; now, I am finding out that parts can literally be stolen off of you vehicle after you paid for it and there is nothing GL will do about it. They basically told me...take it as it sits or you can back out of the sale. The truck is nice enough that I want it. I just think this whole situation stinks. GL is a monopoly, plain and simple. Worse yet, they don't care how they treat us and we (most of us) are stupid enough to keep going back. I, for one, will not be back until they change the way they treat their customers. By the way, I am in the "spent over $100K" category for what that is worth so they are losing one of their better non-dealer customers.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to know what evidence you had to show them to prove you were correct and also I'd like to know, if you are willing to share, what they gave you as reimbursement on your claim.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone seen Robyn in here recently? It would be nice to get some GL customer service that doesn't involve us bending over and prepping the Vaseline...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know the member "south dave" here got a box of stuff that didn't come with what was in the list. They said return the box and get a full refund. He had sold some of the stuff by that point, so he couldn't do the deal.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Their claim form asks you to describe what you think the appropriate resolution should be. I listed what was missing in addition to providing picture evidence. I, then, proceeded to provide them with a price estimate of the replacement costs, the companies I contacted, the contact person's name, and the contact person's phone number. Their response was basically that they have no way to assess the actual value of the parts lost and they were not going to give me one cent back. The previous time they refused to give me the amount of my bidder's premium back; this time I requested actual replacement costs that could be verified if they did not want to do additional homework by calling the #s I provided. What a total joke. I will remove my truck and then send all the pictures and expanations given by GL for everyone to judge for themselves.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm past the vasoline stage. I need warm compresses...and some quiet talk. What a screw-job I received.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL may be a monopoly but they do answer to the Defense Logistics Contracting Officer. Start there at Battle Creek. Or in the alternative at the base where the truck is located. 2cents

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good suggestion, DESERTFOX. I was told that the base commander was notified that parts were stolen off of my truck. I have been assured that this pilfering will stop. Who knows? I won't know until I get the truck out to make sure the motor and tranny and other big parts are still there. They are in yard with other trucks that are rightfully being cannibalized. I do not think that the soldiers did this on purpose. They were told to scavenge usable parts and they did so without consideration of which trucks were still govt-property and which belonged to GL (or to a customer like me). Maybe, I should take that as a compliment.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: claim

Wayne, then why even take the claim? Are they getting perverse satisfaction out of turning us down? They should advertise that they cannot guarantee that the truck will have all of the parts on it that were shown in the pics or were there when you inspected. Do you think the bidding prices would drop? I guarantee it. They don't want people to know that parts can be stolen off of our trucks after we've won them and paid for them.

BKubu had the same thing happen here. not as big of a deal but still. Timntrucks asked me to go pick up a M101 trailer for him from Ft campbell. He faxed me the paperwork and i went and got it. (didnt have any pics or anything) i was told it was a M101. well he came to get it today. Hes gotta check his info but this trailer is missing parts and the more he looked at it. They might of gave him the wrong trailer.

LanceRobson

Bruce, I don't think your problem is unique. I don't know what the solution to this particular event is.

Even if the property is under GL"s control, the DOD retains an interest and GL is responsible to keep it whole and safe.

Regarding the cannibalization and the missing property, the GL property is generally in a secured lot. Somebody is in charge. The DOD generally does not split responsibility. Find out who that is. Find the person his boss reports to, not his boss, bitch to that person.

I've done cannibalization runs myself but have been told to stay away from vehicles with the GL stickers or any local mark used to note a vehicle being transferred to GL. Cannibalized parts are supposed to be accounted for, just like any other gov't property.

Somebody is culpable. I advise you to contact the CID detachment that services the installation, even if nothing comes from this one incident it will set a more responsible tone at the storage facility. Also, I if it were me, I'd ask to speak to the post Provost Marshall.

Lance

papercu

claims

Hey, I'm on your side. I'm just saying that was DRMO policy. It's probably a lawyer thing on filing claims, They say look we did give him a chance. Wayne

randyscycle

Of the two vehicles I have inspected, both were not as they were represented by GL plain and simple.

Both were listed as driven in. Neither was running, but were advertised as such, by the driven in description. One was missing a starter, the other, all the driveshafts. They may have been driven in a long time ago, but certainly were not anywhere near running by the time I saw them so technically they were telling the truth about being driven in. I just know what would happen to me if I did the same thing on say e-bay for a vehicle I had for sale.

No one from GL responded when I asked why this was a blatant misrepresentation. I just dropped out of the bidding and decided to go the route of buying a known running and titled vehicle from an individual.

In my opinion, you really do get what you pay for, and a cheap truck will be a roll of the dice.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne...no offense meant to you. I respect you very much. You are one of the "good guys" in this hobby! I am sorry if I offended you, Wayne. Really, no offense was intended.

Maybe GL screwed up...but my truck, and other trucks on the same sale, are mixed in with trucks eligible for cannibalization. I believe that GL was supposed to move the truck. I am not clear on when they were supposed to move the truck from the cannibalization area. It either was supposed to happen when it became a "GL truck" or after it was sold (in this case it was sold to me). I am not sure on this...but I was told this by my friend who took the "after" pics. He will be posting some pics of the soldiers cannabilizing other trucks. I really hope no one has to go through this. I hope that the only parts missing are those that I know about now. However, I'd almost guarantee that more parts have been taken and I'm probably missing more than I know. My friend told me they were stealing parts off of the truck next to his right when they were removing his truck. There is no accountability in that lot. Again, I'll post more specifics once I get my truck the he** out of there!

ida34

When I was picking up my trailer recently a guy was also picking up an M1008. It was missing a door and dash pad. The installation is not on a military base so they called the Lansing Police who came out and took a report. The lot has sale stuff and is also a storage lot for equipment awaiting assignment.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have received multiple emails from other individuals on this list who said they received trucks from GL that had parts taken off of them. Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks