• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe my wife is right?

Blythewoodjoe

Well this seems like as good a place as any to post this.

My wife says I have too much stuff. That's a good reason to sell it I guess. Pictured below is what I have pulled out of the woods so far. About 1/3 is still in the woods. Most, if not all of it, will be finding a new home, either with some of you guys or at the scrap yard. As time permits I do have a couple of rear facing transfer case PTO's I still have to pull off of the trucks still in the woods. Hope to do that in the up coming weeks.

So, is she right?
Joe Trapp

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think she's right. You have way too much land. How much to ship maybe an acre to me. I'll trade a neighbor...or two.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I disagree with your wife. With that much open space you have room for another 50 vehicles! Think of them as a future investment.

Blythewoodjoe

Front springs and hangers, yes. I will be cutting them off when we get rain (this time of the year that grass dries quick and burns quicker)
The PTO's will probably go on ebay. They are one of the few things I have that there is some demand for. Stuff like transfer cases will be available and cheap, when I can get the torch out to cut cab bolts and so forth. My mini excavator can lift anything but a complete engine and that makes life easy.

As weather and time permits I'll figure out the best place to post stuff for sale as it is removed. Anybody close enough to come by and remove the parts, come on down. I'm in Blythewood, just north of Columbia. I plan to keep all the useful stuff like the cabs for a little while so people can pick over them before they go to China.

Joe Trapp

citizensoldier

Is that a M332 trailer with those swivel down front small wheel assemblies in the back right in front of the pinkish tractor truck? If so I really need one of those wheel assemblies for a VFW resto project.. Any chance of cutting it off and shipping it?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wives are never right. Deny everything. Counter-accuse.

And F the scrapyard idea. Post for sale ads here, we all want the stuff saved, let the scrap man get rich off Hondas and Volvos.

Blythewoodjoe

citizensoldier said:
Is that a M332 trailer with those swivel down front small wheel assemblies in the back right in front of the pinkish tractor truck? If so I really need one of those wheel assemblies for a VFW resto project.. Any chance of cutting it off and shipping it?
"And so it begins"
It would appear it's what you want. It's a trailer just like you have in the picture. It's actually my favorite trailer because of those little wheels. I just like the way they look. Let me know where you want it cut off from.

The best thing to do for this stuff is email me at jtrapp@sc.rr.com because I check that often and it is easier to keep up with email than PM's. I don't plan to scrap anything that is truely wanted. The only thing that will probably go strait to the scrap will be the Ford road tractor in the picture. It's just an old Air Force truck with a broken windshield and rotten tires. As long as someone wants things like cabs, they will be sold to you guys. This project is about cleaning up and getting rid of stuff I will probably not need as much as it is for collecting a little money.

If you really want to get sick, I took a picure of my new tracks that are for sale. I don't know if I have ever seen anything more beautiful, at least in the back of my truck :lol:

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Citizensoldier,
Distance is relative. From where you are the distance is probably not too much further probably adding half a day to your trip. from Cherry Point, you will have to travel back up Hwy 70 to I-95, then go south on that to I-20, go about 70 miles to get to I-77, and up to Blythewood about 10 miles. Headed home from there, it's back to I-77 (but take the I-485 around Charlotte - I spent an hour going seven miles straight up I-77 Tuesday morning, 10:10 to 11:10 am) to Cleveland, then west on I85-95, or the route of your choice.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Joe......any chance you will be bringing stuff to clintos' rally in Oct????
I will be there with all my trade goods and prob a very good looking/running deuce to sell.
Since I have 40 acres to fill up your loss is my gain. :)
The wife is WRONG.....everybody knows that "he who dies with the most toys wins".

OH OH OH.......is that a set of shelter dolly axles I see?????
I have use for those if I can get them home.

And the fifth wheel off the AF tractor....and the frame/ running gear from the 5 ton.....ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. Thanks for feeding my addiction :cookoo:
SOMEBODY SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!!!!!!

EZFEED

You know that’s what I don’t get about women.......what the hell right do they think they have to tell a man that he has too much of anything as long as it isn't #1 causing a financial strain on the household #2 causing a storage problem or #3 causing him to really neglect his family.

I had one like that once....I was suckered into it every time too. And every time I agreed to it, it wasn't really anything more than an exchange of belongings. Each time I found myself one firearm short, she found herself with another purse, pair of shoes, coat, etc like she had found another sort of allowance on top of what she already spent out of my account. From a collection of over 138 firearms that I purchased with my hard earned money...pieces that would appreciate and add to my retirement....now down to an even 100 pieces. And I almost married her too.........

Sorry, rant off! :deadhorse:
It just grieves me when I see these words "My wife/girlfriend says I have too much stuff" :lol: :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks