• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lube in trailer plug?

mhb285

Can anyone tell me what type of grease or lube is used in the trailer plug? It also looks like the same stuff thats used in the slave plug. I want to get some and I'm sure what type to use...
Thanks
Mike

Flea

Di-electric grease is what you want. It will seal out some of the moisture that corrodes terminals, while promoting conductivity at the same time.

stampy

Also works great on fuses...battery connections .. any electrical connection that you need to make sure stays corrosion free and working. I love that stuff. It has solved lots of my diesel benz problems.:-D:-D

uoa

My NAPA has big tubes, about the size of a normal tube of toothpaste but fatter and shorter. It was in the big truck section and cheaper than the same stuff in the car section in a smaller tube. Just a helpful hint.

Elwenil

Dielectric grease is great stuff. Squirt some in a connector or socket and never worry about it again. I've scrapped vehicles that I leaned the sockets and filled them with grease years before and they were all still clean and working perfectly. I don't like using WD-40 as it can damage a lot of plastics used in electronics. If I need a spray, I use spray silicone.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dielectric grease makes the rubber military electrical connectors got together and slide apart with ease.. I put it on every connection I take apart...

andyindy

Ejc

I use EJC (electric joint compound) ,trade name. Works great, but unlike a wheel bearing, it just takes a little and it really helps. It is also for dissimilar conductors at the same terminal, ie copper and alumnium, ect.
Andy................

dabtl

WD40 will evaporate causing rust. Never use it for much other than as a temporary penetrating oil.

It also works well to displace moisture.

But, as long term lubricant it is not good.

TBigLug

It keeps corrosion from forming, but does not actually CONDUCT electricity.....
Always use di-electric grease. Regular gease can conduct electricity sometimes (metal flakes or something in the compound). Regular grease works on batteriews where your sealing single conductors (ie. no risk of electricity jumping). I've used di-electric for years. Never had a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks