• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Quiz

dilvoy

Who knows and can tell us, what items on the '84, '85 and '86 Chevy CUCV series of vehicles, were chrome plated or chrome plastic plated as originally equiped?

mangus580

George, I dont think that any of them had anything chrome plated. It is rather difficult to hide a vehicle with camo if you have shiny metal pieces on it!! :freaked: :banghead: :banghead: :roll:

mangus580

I suppose we should have specified inside or outside!!!!!!!!!

[:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)]

Wasnt thinking of things inside, I just assumed outside...

dilvoy

I put this up for fun, so don't get too serious about it. There are a few things that are chrome and I have wondered why not painted. There are more that I know of, than have already been pointed out.

mangus580

Only other one that I can think of is the shifter levers (both tranny and t-case). Incidentally, any of the chrome on the interior is the same as the civvy version. The only chrome the miliatary covered up was on the outside. This basically included grill trim, door handles, mirrors, and bumpers. But of course not all the civvy's had chrome bumpers or mirrors for that matter. I think things from the interior really couldnt break their cover that much.

dilvoy

Army S-4, That's a good one. I never thought of the little rain guard thingie on the locks. I guess the head lamp retaining bezels would be stainless too. Come on guys and gals, there is more chrome!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have seen rear window cranks chrome, but mine was black, not chrome painted black, just black painted 383, then tan. Also the tailgate release handles are chrome.

dilvoy

I've got a couple, one is the plug that fills the hole where the cigar lighter socket usually is and how about the long bolts that are used to hold the shell to the back side of the cab roof. There are still a couple more that I know of that haven't been mentioned and one of them is not a small item and is in plain site. Those door lock nobs are an odd thing. I have seen the chrome ones with the big head and the black small ones that almost sink into the door panel and look like the ones used back in the sixties on GM vehicles. What's the rime or reason with those?

mangus580

Mine doesnt have the trim on the gauge cluster... but what about the glove box knob?? I think that any of the internal stuff just randomly varied, as the military didnt put any requirement on interior, and gm used what they had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks