• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DLA Letter

chicklin

I got a letter from DLA earlier this week (Monday). I assumed this meant I had been approved. As of today (Friday) GL still says they have not received any approval. How long does it normally take once I get the DLA letter?

Also, the letter never really says I've been "approved". It says: "You were assessed to purchase/receive surplus Department of Defense property...." and then there's a page and a half of boilerplate about the restrictions of buying surplus property.

So, have I actually been approved, or am I jumping the gun here?

Michael

RE: Re: RE: DLA Letter

Where is your truck at? My last truck was at an unmanned site. It's EUC took over 2 months to go through and it wasn't my first even this year. When I got there, all of the trucks had been moved out of the fenced lot onto some grass and the grass was dead under the truck. The GL reps said they found out about it when they had gotten there that morning. Eleven other people picked up trucks that day. Now, did 11 EUC's go through at the same time or did GL hold them until they enough to make it worth their while to send their people 150 miles from their home base?

chicklin

Re: RE: Re: RE: DLA Letter

Michael said:
Where is your truck at? My last truck was at an unmanned site. It's EUC took over 2 months to go through and it wasn't my first even this year. When I got there, all of the trucks had been moved out of the fenced lot onto some grass and the grass was dead under the truck. The GL reps said they found out about it when they had gotten there that morning. Eleven other people picked up trucks that day. Now, did 11 EUC's go through at the same time or did GL hold them until they enough to make it worth their while to send their people 150 miles from their home base?
Good point. The truck is at Drexel Gardens, IN. I can't find where it says manned or unmanned, but I do know that the contact number rings to Louisville, KY. I thought that was pretty strange, but just chocked it up to an error on their part.

pc3nmcb

I also got my 'DLA' letter earlier this week,still no 'EUC' or invoice. My m1009 is also at Drexel Gardens. I was told in the chat room that they are there every other Thurs and Fri as they have other sites they take care of.

chicklin

pc3nmcb said:
I also got my 'DLA' letter earlier this week,still no 'EUC' or invoice. My m1009 is also at Drexel Gardens. I was told in the chat room that they are there every other Thurs and Fri as they have other sites they take care of.
So, are next Thursday and Friday (August 21st and 22nd) days they will be there, or will it be the following week?

Michael

They were suppose to be going to where mine was every other Fri, but then grass doesn't die under a duce in 2 weeks.

Green_gator

The GL Rep for Drexel is only there one day every other week. Or at least that was the case earlier this year when I picked up my deuce from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks