• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB - Right engine for an M38A1 + questions about it

reitenger

Looking for the right engien to drop into my M38A1. Closer to Denver the better.
Am I correct in thinking that a civvie f head will work? Would I just need to change the carb and distributor to make it right? Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A civvy F-head will work, but you will need the MD (M38A1) flywheel, oil filter, starter, engine mount plate, etc.

You will basically be using the block and head and then everything else will need to be military specific (if you want it to be right).

reitenger

Dragon arms......

Kind of like dealing with the devil isn't it?

Engine mount plate? Is that the flat plate between the engine and trans?
If so, I actually have that. It was laying in the back when I got the rig.

modified

one on ebay, though I'd bombard the seller with quest and first confirm the MD****serial # on the front of the block . who knows what's hiding behind all that blue paint. :?

Fred431

M38A1 engine

Too bad your not closer as I have had two M38A1 engines listed on G503 for some time these are military take out long blocks with the bell housing and clutch attached. They turnover but other than that condition is unkown. I am asking $50 for the pair but you must pick them up in NH. The seriel numbers are MD21788 and MD55115

reitenger

RE: M38A1 engine

Any chance you'd be willing to part with a clutch and bellhousing and ship them? I have found a local engine, now I just need to find all the 24v stuff, distributor and bellhousing/clutch assy.

AaronHorrocks

reitenger, your PMs are full...

I have two M38A1 engines sitting around and doing nothing for me...

How much "engine" do you need? I'll be going to the Cheyenne Wells Colorado Machinegun shoot in late April/Early May.

aaronhorrocks @ hotmail . com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks