• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Malibu, California-Style Black Deuce

Ok. So what's not green and still has some appeal?
A black Duece with a ton of eye wash that gets better the closer you get.
I was driving home through Malibu on Pacific Coast Highway today and I spotted this black Duece parked on the highway.
The work that went into this thing really stands out. The body is extremely straight, the canopy is a custom canvas one probably made by a boat cover company around here.
Some nice features are handles that lock on the the side engine panels - they used the T-handle like the ones used on the utility truck box cabinets.
The tool kit shelf and spare tire have been removed for a much larger locking tool box made by Protech.
I didn't want to climb on the running boards but I could see cloth high back bucket seats inside. It looked to have a lot of electronics inside from what I could see. Probably a CB and scanner for starters.
Chrome steel wheels with 10 X 22.5 tires
It has chrome, chrome, and way too much chrome.
So, I know it isn't OD but someone sure spent some time and money on this rig.
Since it's in the playground of the super rich - I wonder just which movie star is a latent camo wearing MV'r?

Attachments

Elwenil

That looks cool to me. Would be nice for a second Deuce or something. Make it nice and comfortable with a better engine and heat and A/C. The cargo cover is made by CanBack. They make canvas covers for pickups that are like that with roll up sides. On for a long bed pickup is in the range of $1200. Nice truck though, I wonder what engine is in it...

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's just WRONG!!!! Although they did a great job, the chrome is too much for me. I noticed there it a logo on the tool box under the drivers door. What did it say?

n3uka

Don't blast me.... I love it :hop:

Wish I knew how to run the tag and find out who it belongs too.
Would love to know the details.

Would be fun to have one original and one Pimped :devil:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the heck? I tell ya, only in Kalifornia. I was getting all happy reading the post thinking that I'm going to see some type of urban blacked out SWAT M35A2 or something. When I read the word "Chrome" if felt like something sucked the life right out of me. Then there were the pics! Don't get me wrong, I would have taken the pics too, as a training tool. Suddenly the bombed out deuces used as target practice aren't as much as a sin as I thought. This is much worse! (GHASP)

Wyattearp

I agree with Kenny on this one, I to was picturing a possible black gun truck deuce. The chrome has got to go..

Elwenil

Hey, it could hav been a lot worse. It could have been some freaky color with flames or something. At least with the black it looks sort of business-like, lol.

I'm with you. The chrome is just way too much. Especially the engine side covers. that really looks tacky. And you can't even see the chrome hood hinges in the photos. Blech!!

I am pretty sure that it has the original Duece multifuel in it
The logo on the left side tool box below the door is something like Screaming Fox Pottery or something like that.
I tried to get a closer picture but I was double parked, on a curve, and was getting buffeted by cars whipping by pretty good.
I will be going back by there in the near future and will see if it is still there. I'll check that sticker for a local business and if it is there, I will be paying a visit.

Here is a shot where I just stuck the camera underneath the truck to try and get a better look at the muffler arrangement.
Shows the transfer case and emergency brake.
Even though it is a pimped out ride, with a little black paint on the chrome (except the wheels) and some new engine side covers it might be worth having.

85-m1028

I think MTV's Pimp My Ride has gone too far :freaked: , looks like a highway patrol rig that got jacked by a pimp, it just needs some dingle balls and hydraulics, Shame,, dang shame!!!!!!!!!! :shakehead:

Elwenil

Yeah, too bad Clark thinks that every Deuce they get a hold of is gold plated somewhere. I'm sure they put a lot of work into them, but I'm not paying anyone $12k for a basic Deuce.

Deuce-bigalo

:boxer: Friggin Californians :alien: LOL - It's probably Arnold's.

When I was reading I didn't sneak a peek at the pictures as I sometimes do. I kept reading and I thought as I read "Hmmmm....a matte black deuce would be cool....like a flat black....' and then saw that thing :freaked: and about spit out my coffee. My opinion of that, well, let's just say anything in Cali should stay in Cali. [^]

Just my own personal taste. :roll:

Thing looks more like a semi than a Deuce..... :nono:
P.S - The only thing I thought was interesting was the door locking system. And that was a strain to look at because of the chrome..... [complaining]

85-m1028 said:
I think MTV's Pimp My Ride has gone too far , looks like a highway patrol rig that got jacked by a pimp, it just needs some dingle balls and hydraulics, Shame,, dang shame!!!!!!!!!
That just cracked me up!!! :lol: :lol:

Those Clark Truck models sure are a lot easier to look at without all the chrome plating.
Arnold? Hmmm.....I don't think he goes for all the "bling-bling".
If it is his, then it's, "Hey Yo, Arnold! What are ya doin', eh? Ya bump yer haid?" [^]
I'm with you n3uka, I definately want to get some detailed pictures of the interior if I can get back there and locate the owner.

Warren Lovell

I love to drive that Black Knight over to Arnolds Hummer Household and show himwhat I think about his 50 cal signature! "I squish your jead Ahnold!"

Being from Kalifornia, one could probably get a date in a black deuce like that.

mhb285

I see this truck parked a couple a times a month. Its parked across from Duke's Hawaiian on PCH....I think It's the owner of Duke's.....
Big Deal...move along nothing to see here....move along...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks