• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 Charecteristics

86M10086.2L

I'm thinking of getting another MV for the collection and and have been seriously considering a Mutt. I just got a M416 trailer so I figured why not make it a set. I see there are plenty of parts available for them. My questions however are how well do they work in the real world? What kind of fuel mileage to the get? Around town/Highway? What's their top highway cruising speed? Do they have the 50 mph curse like they rest of the MV's. I drive everything that I have. And I drive them alot. So for my next purchase I want something alittle more drivable then my M1008. I love it to death, but 50 mph outside of a convoy gets old on long trips. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tankjeepman

M151

I had a M151A2 for a number of years. I think it is a great vehicle. They work great around town and off road. If you are looking for a highway cruser I would look elsewhere. They will do 45MPH fine, but above that you are straining them. Too bad they didn't add a 5th gear when they made it. I got 18 to 20 MPG most of the time. They are easy to work on, lots of parts around so it is a good all around vehicle. Look carefully at the underneath and support channels when buying one as rust is an issue with the M151.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks