• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Michigan

butch32

Hi, I been lurking on this site for quite a while now and finally registered. I recently picked up a 86 M1008 from government liquidations out of lansing Michigan with 86,000 miles, camo and looks complete in decent shape. when I got it home I changed the batterys and put a new set of glow plugs in, as 7 of 8 were junk. Then it was time to see if it would start as it had a half of tank of fuel. Within a revolution it started but had to shut it down because somebody ran a hilo fork thru the grill and took out all three cores of the radiator. How they didn't bust the grill is a fluke. If anybody knows where I can get a used radiator in good shape that is the same, so I can hook up my oil and tranny lines up without modifying. let me know, thanks butch32

TedG

welcome!

I can't help you on the rad, but I will ask where the pictures are!!!!

butch32

I don't have my own camera and will have to have someone help me post pictures on here as I never did the picture posting before. I will get pictures up sometime soon hopefully.

That puts the Michigan list around 250 members, I think!!! :shock:

Welcome! You've got a month to get it ready for the trails at Grayling. See "Camp Grayling Color Tour" thread under MV events.

EDIT:
BTW, check the CUCV forum for comparisons to stock chevy trucks. You may be able to get a radiator at NAPA or CarQuest, etc.

butch32

Left a voice mail for PJ to call me back if he has a radiator. Will post tommorow weather he has one or not. Still open if anbody knows where I might find a good used radiator.

CCATLETT1984

welcome to the forum, your radiator is the same as the pickups with the 6.2L engine and th400 transmission. A a replacement 4-core copper/brass radiator will be pricey, you may want to consider a two-core aluminum part, as they will be cheaper and still give the cooling capacity. (I now have a aluminum in mine.)

butch32

Never heard back from PJ, so i'm still in the market. really don't wnat a new one until I know that the 6.2 is in good running condition as I only had it running for 30 seconds due to the bad radiator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks