• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from New Mexico

otisroy

I just picked up my first MV. Much thanks to FMJ on here. I've been browsing the board for tips and I'm really impressed with the amount of collective knowledge on here. Good to know that if I can't figure it out, it's a sure thing that someone here already has.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not that we're that smart, just have no life outside of MVs. LOL. Welcome from sunny south Florida

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Enjoy your truck Chris!

Remember, if you have any problems at all get ahold of me.

BTW, have the neighbors called the cops yet?, my neighbors think I'm a terrorist...... rofl

Ed

hole

Congrats! Welcome to SS, if your 109 is one of the ones FMJ had listed in the classifieds then you got one nice looking truck! I was interested in one of his 109's but my lovely wife has a policy here that only allows ( and I quote) " one big smelly green truck at a time". So I stick with what I got! Again , welcome & enjoy your new toy!

otisroy

It is one of the 109s FMJ (Ed) listed. I think my wife is getting the fever. She graduated from Jeep SUVs to a 3/4 ton Chevy but I guess after driving the 109, the Chevy lacks a little something. Maybe it's the 7.8L multifuel rumble. She's been joking that she wants one with a pink camo scheme.

otisroy

The neighbors haven't called the FBI yet....maybe if I park a big genset next to it, they'll start to worry. I've been out going over the truck and put a Curt class IV hitch on the rear. A few people have stopped and asked if it's a real MV. They usually see me in uniform so they probably think I hijacked a unit truck.

I'm gonna wrestle another hitch on the front end, then it's headed up to the yard at Elephant Butte. I probably should have gotten a smaller class III hitch for the front. It's gonna take a little shimming to get the bigger hitch level and secure on there because there are half a dozen bolt heads under that bumper on each side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks