• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you pronounce CCKW?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
superburban said:
HMMWV =Humvee
CUCV =Cucvee
HEMTT =Hemmit
CCKW =?
HMMWV = em niner niner eight
CUCV = chevy pee oh ess
HEMTT = big m*********ing truck
CCKW = deuce

rofl

But seriously, I've always just spelled out CCKW.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I understand, CCKW was NOT an acronym for something, if that is what you are referring to. The "CCKW" was code for what it was, the features it had. Some help here?

superburban

What I was asking in a rather cryptic way was if there was a pronounciation for the "acronym". Like how we pronounce HMMWV as "hum-vee", CUCV as "cuck-vee" and so forth, but CCKWs are from a different era, so I guess you just call them deuces. That's what I meant.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
C = 1941
C = Standard cab
K = Front wheel Drive
W = Tandem rear axles

in the olden days

There was a time when not everything had to be an acronym and pronounced as one word. From what I understand, most of the soldiers in WW2 just referred to them as "10-wheelers" or "six'bys". Much the same way as all the infantry guys, including NCOs and Officers, called my 5tons "deuce." They didn't care what it was called as long as they didn't have to walk to the range.

The one I would've wondered about was the "AFKWX".

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the correct pronunciation then would be:
1941 Standard cab Front wheel Drive Tandem rear axle... Truck?
:wink:

I have also heard them called Jimmys or GMCs. "CCKW" or "WWII deuce" is my preferred way to refer to them for clarity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks