• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce camper?

Warren Lovell

Has anyone built a camper for the Deuce?

I was thinking of putting my cargo top up and then...building a camper to fit inside the area under the cover. That way, it would look military authentic from the outside, but inside...James Bond! Toilet, sink, beer, TV DVD, round rotating bed, and a gun rack. Oh yeah, magazine rack by the toilet.

Warren

Dieselsmoke

A lot of guys take the radio boxes and convert them into campers. I'm working on my M109A3 right now turning it into the MV show party pad right now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be a little short on headroom. I met a guy once that spent considerable time coating his decent looking canvas cargo cover with fiberglass resin. Made a rigid top out of the darn thing. It looked fine but not much use to me. He liked it!

jasonjc

when i was in the sand box the frist goaround alot of units made plywood sides for the duces and put the canvs over that. In fact i have a vinly top that has about 2 feet of canvs add to each side (by the military) for this use.

So you could build one up and still look military.
I will have to look though my out pic and see if i can post some.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend has one in Ft Lauderdale. Next visit I'll take some pics. It even has a regular type door in the back. The sad part is they threw a 1 piece top over the whole thing then carved a hole in the back for the door to open.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used my military cots in the back of the M35A2 on a few occasions. 2 cots and gear fits nicely. Gotta watch that first step in the morning when you're only hitting on 3 cylinders.

Desert Rat

I'm looking to do the same thing for my 109. As time and materials become available I'll be progressing on the project. Pics will also be posted as well.

Travver797

Warren Lovell said:
Has anyone built a camper for the Deuce?

I was thinking of putting my cargo top up and then...building a camper to fit inside the area under the cover. That way, it would look military authentic from the outside, but inside...James Bond! Toilet, sink, beer, TV DVD, round rotating bed, and a gun rack. Oh yeah, magazine rack by the toilet.

Warren

You make me laugh. :)

Hope the "James Bonding" process goes well. I'd like to see the buildup/end results.

tjcouch

The person I bought mine from just had a pop-up trailer (w/o the axles) sitting in the back.

Effective, but . . . . . . . .

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing about doing #2 and toilets and the S-280 shelter all together is no way to plumb the potty, unless maybe drill a hole in the back down low and put the cleanout there with the ball valve inside. but definitely want a pull-out hose, don't want to have to attach a nasty hose extension.. The S280 is notoriously airtight as well and requires forced ventialtion or evacuation. Then there's the water and waste tanks..alot of space lost inside the shelter. The M109 or the cargo bed with covering and fixtures is an attractive way to go.

jeli

We built a camper on our of our twin axle bolster trailers. It was 8' wide, at least 12' long and 7' tall. We hauled everything in it so it wasn't high class but it was nice to be able to setup camp and still drive the truck around. We had a heater, cots, and a tarp off the side. Depending on squad strength everyone had a roof. We never carried GP tinys.

You need a container trailer with a 20' container and dolly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks