• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head problems

arcon200

:? have a 1969 5 ton in shop with blown head gasket.guy that owns truck brought in with head gasket blown in front. we had heads shaved and tested,popped the gasket in back.i don't have a clue how multifuel works.could this be the pump out of time or the manifold,or blower. this is a Lds-465-1A engine may be someone has had this problem before.I'm stumped thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You kind of glazed over your question. Are you saying you fixed the front head gasket and then promptly blew out the rear head gasket? Some of the older gaskets have known issues.

drjconley

What are the "known problems"? I changed the head gasket, and it promptly blew on the back head facing the firewall. I ordered the new type of gaskets, and I am going to change the gasket this weekend. Is there a known deficiency in the red gasket that the fire rings are manually placed where I could end up with a new gasket blowing out within hours of replacing. Yes, I followed all the tm's for replacing the gasket, and I torqued all the bolts to spec in the proper sequence.

Thank you
Jim Conley

m62a2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks