• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to get them from entering the wrong CC exp. date?

tcody

Well I finally got my EUC approved - took about 2 1/2 months (6/19/08). Don't mind waiting because I don't need my stuff in and certain time and partly my fault cause I adds an extra number to the area code. But, for the second time (second recent EUC requiring purchase) I get a nasty email saying my credit card was declined. Well, call up the card company and for the second time they explain that GL entered the wrong expiration date. Tried to explain it to the rep last time - he was pretty rude, but low and behold they had entered the wrong date. This time cut and pasted the correct card info from my GL account and emailed it to the rep. Has anyone encountered this problem? It's never happens with non EUC items. What do I need to do to get them to look at the information in their own system/put in the correct exp date?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Log into their site and use the 'live chat' function. Folks that work that part can fix the problem. Same thing happened to me on my first EUC - CC expiration date passed before the EUC cleared. They do not have a mechanism to update CC info unless you are bidding on something, which is foolish on their part, but, it's their business. Just look at it on the bright side, they cannot hit you with a penalty fee (default on payment) if they cannot charge the CC because they are using the wrong date.

audior1

Re: RE: How to get them from entering the wrong CC exp. date

Just look at it on the bright side, they cannot hit you with a penalty fee (default on payment) if they cannot charge the CC because they are using the wrong date.[/quote]
Actually they incorectly enter billing data on other accounts as it recently happened to us, and then use that as an excuse to add a default fee which is fraud. Just 3 weeks ago we won auctions and submitted our card info and were defaulted, and they never would admit that they had tried to charge the wrong account (wasn't ours) we finally ended weeks of chats and repeated e-mails by refusing to do business with GL and withdrew all our bids and closed our account.

USMilitarySurplus

RE: Re: RE: How to get them from entering the wrong CC exp.

The system is automated. When a buyer places a bid and enters the credit card number with expiration date, that's what the system will process. As Mike stated above, the buyer can update the info the next time they place a bid.

tcody

Well - the system has/had a glitch. My CC info is/was/has been current and accurate. Only when I buy a EUC requiring item is it declined. Always goes through with a non EUC item. Spent a long time on the phone with customer service, IT and Daniel at the EUC office. End result is that there was/is a glitch in the system which we think has been fixed. I have to say that with all the negative comments about GL I have read, I received polite, professional and friendly service. Thanks GL - we'll see if it got fixed soon!

audior1

Well I sure wish I could say the same. They were arbitrary, the management refused to ID themselves so you were dealing with unknown naysayers,refused to admit the mistake was GL's, canceled our auction and imposed the default fee of over $500 to regain our auction, finally after days of threatened legal action, a manager named Charles Coolidge waived the fee, but then said our auction was still canceled but that we could rebid the items in yet another auction, when if we had paid the $500+ fee we could have had our already won auction reinstated. That's not a mistake, that'a a shakedown! That's fraud! Burned us on GL. Wasted a lot of time trying to make them understand and be accountable. Their Chat girls even admitted they had a problem and our CC info was correct but they were powerless to correct the system without a management override and the refused to admit or correct the problem. Just wanted the default fee. Finally gave up and requested cancellation of all our auctions as we no longer trusted them. Laketreefarm has a 98.7% positive approval rating with Ebay with over 90 auctions won and paid for successfully in big ticket auctions so GL is busted with more than a Glitch. Our opinion is that if they were on the level we'd have gotten a call or e-mail admitting their mistake, correcting it and looking system wide in how many other auctions were flawed. We'd have our surplus, Uncle Sam would have our money and we'd know that GL can make mistakes but does correct them that's how responsible businesses operate!

tcody

audior1
sorry to hear of all your troubles. Hope it works out ok in the end. I am the first to get pissed off when something goes wrong, but I wanted to pass on the praise also where it is due.
T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks