• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

battery box preservative (line-x or por 15)

Blake

What do you think would be the best way to preserve that battery box on a m151a2. Por 15 it or take it to the local bedliner place and let them spray it?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have areas that are rusted through, get a fiberglass/resin kit and line it with fiberglass. Then paint it. That's what I was going to do, but then I got this nice solid fiberglass box from Recovry4x4. :)
Of course, like 1/2 dozen other projects, the new box still sits on the basement floor along with an ether starting kit, cooking oil/biodiesel jugs, military radio stuff , etc, etc.

Longhunter7

Blake,

I have my Ford Super Duty's truck bed, lined with Line X, and it is the best liner out there! It is three years old and looks like new!

If you were going to treat the whole underside of the MUTT, then I would go with Line X. If you just want to do the battery box area, then I would use POR-15.

The MUTT is famous for rusting out, so I would look into doing the whole undercarriage! [2cents]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks